Wednesday 13 April 2016

New Boiler!

What a day! ... I was up bright and early before 6 this morning getting ready before the boiler guy arrived to fit a new one for me ... My old boiler was very old and when I say very old, I mean it was installed when the house was built in 1975!! ... The old bugger was still going strong, despite various clunking noises and a distinct lack of heat LOL ... I'm very pleased so far with the new one, it's running like a charm, let's hope it stays that way for many years to come ... It was a bit entertaining though, nothing ever goes according to plan ... The Gas company phoned to say they'd be done and gone by 2 this afternoon and they were still here at gone 8 this evening :) ... So .... The electrician explained that my thermostat isn't working, yet the timer is ..... My heating went off earlier and I sat here thinking, oh it'll come back on in an hour as that's how long the timer is usually off for, so I sat here........... and sat here.............and sat here, no heating .... I got up, fiddled with the timer, nope ... Nothing ... No heating .... So I'm thinking fuck this ..... I go and play with the thermostat and it clicks and heating comes on ... Good grief, my pink socks!!! I almost thought about phoning the engineer tomorrow and telling him I've got no heating but I sussed the silly sparky  got his advice all dick about elbows .... Silly bugger LOL .... Upshot is, so far I am very pleased .... Let's hope we have a much warmer house in the winter now, the hot water is already proving much better, so here's to my new boiler and long may she last and keep us warm! :)


Hugs and love
Gina
xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search